NOTES FROM THE FIELD, AREA CODE GAMES:
- Tall, well-proportioned build; prototype projection look w/ significant room to add strength; broad shoulders, long and loose limbs.
- Starts side-saddle into tall leg kick; long, off-line arm-circle shows on backside; loose H3/4 slot w/ moderate recoil that could iron out as he gets stronger; mechanics need some cleanup, but can project given youth and projectable frame.
- FB 89-94 (91-92); Advanced arm-strength for cold-weather prep arm, more velo coming given youth and projection; lively high-spin FB gets on hitters quickly up in the zone; early-stages command, loose over the plate even when throwing strikes.
- CB 77-79; Flashed pro-ready breaking ball, already has some power to it w/ consistent sharpness and two-plane finish. Best off-speed.
- CH 79-83; Rounds out the arsenal now but shows flashes; found a feel for CH as outing progressed, showing a handful w/ separation and late fade; promising offering w/ chance to finish a legit third pitch.
- Pitchability and feel to mix speeds are fairly raw, leans heavily on FB and went to off-speed only when ahead; settled into a groove and flashed sequences where FB/CB stayed around the plate.
SUMMARY: Young, extra-projectable frame w/ even more in the tank given cold-weather background; flashes feel for three pitches at best, FB/CB look like pro-ready offerings and lead the way; age, background, and body type all hint at stuff taking a jump by next spring.