NOTES FROM THE FIELD, AREA CODE GAMES
- Muscular, athletic frame w/ big league physicality. Looks the part.
- Strength and batspeed here to project on hit tool; needs to tone down present swing length and pre-pitch movement; bat wag and leg kick cause inconsistent timing, front foot occasionally gets down late.
- Pro-ready raw; hard lines to all fields w/ present pull loft in BP; whips the barrel through, does damage when he squares one up; easy to project HR power at pro level.
- 4.3 H/1B times; pure speed is more avg than true plus; strong stride w/ fair acceleration up the line; tick better when fully underway.
- Body type and outfield range fit best in RF at pro level. Route running is a work in progress but projects w/ reps and experience.
- Above-avg throwing arm w/ easy strength and low line through target. Projects as an asset on an outfield corner.
SUMMARY: Prototype RF physicality, power potential, and throwing arm; big league tools on both sides of the ball; will likely need to simplify swing and eliminate excess movement at higher levels; definite pro prospect w/ chance to be high-round pick in next year’s draft.