NOTES FROM THE FIELD, AREA CODE GAMES:
- XL frame w/ pro-ready physicality; looks the part, stands out; similar build to Bobby Dalbec (BOS).
- Consistent hard game contact, advanced bat-to-ball skill for large-framed player w/ power orientation; works mostly pullside and straightaway at present.
- Big power potential, easy to project more in time; ball jumps off the bat w/ strong lines and hang time; usable power, drove the ball better in games than BP; huge exit velos hint that more is in the tank as he adds lift to swing.
- Below-avg runner H/1B that moves better underway; body type that slows a step as he fills out XL frame; instincts and controlled baserunning aggression showed up repeatedly; gets the most out of what speed he does have.
- Currently a 3B, enough tools to start there but might ultimately wind up at 1B or OF corner; controls body well on the charge, though has less range moving laterally; soft hands and quick transfer are enough for left side of the infield.
- Arm could finish above-avg and fits well at 3B; easy line and strong carry through target.
SUMMARY: Big league frame w/ prototype power potential and throwing arm for 3B; should get a chance to stick there but could finish lower on the defensive spectrum; projects as a bat-first corner player in pro ball; size and pro-ready power will attract high-round interest.