NOTES FROM THE FIELD, AREA CODE GAMES:
- Large, broad, muscular frame has pro-ready physicality; ideal body type for 3B.
- Uphill path w/ some inside length; hunts FBs and looks to yank pullside w/ authority; consistent hard game contact; didn’t see him challenged versus off-speed or use the other field much.
- Big power potential w/ frame, strength, and batspeed to project future plus raw; strong lines in BP w/ easy lift; advanced ability to drive the ball, does damage when squared; could finish a serious HR threat at the pro level.
- Below-avg runner H/1B that’s fringy underway; body type will keep filling out and lose a step; doesn’t project for much baserunning value, though won’t be a clogger.
- Currently a SS but will move to 3B; soft hands and coordinated actions for larger player, just will outgrow the position; think he’s athletic enough to stick at the hot corner and won’t move further down the defensive specturm.
- Didn’t seem arm tested much; flashed strong line and carry across the infield; throws well enough to stay on left side of the infield.
SUMMARY: Prototype 3B size, power potential, and arm-strength; ultimate value is tied to hitting ability and how much power he unlocks; chance to be high-round pick in next year’s draft.