NOTES FROM THE FIELD, AREA CODE GAMES:
- Medium, broad frame; well-proportioned strength throughout; already close to physically mature.
- Simple semi-windup w/ tall leg lift and on-line finish; full, in-line arm-circle into H3/4 slot; moderate effort at release, recoil and occasional head-snap through finish.
- FB 90-95 (91-92); Has reached back for more velo in the past, stayed within himself for strikes this look; occasional run, flatter up in the zone; throws consistent strikes w/ occasional command, can project on ability to pitch to spots.
- CB 77-79; Three-quarters break w/ present power to and consistent depth; best ones showed late w/ sharp bite; advanced feel for spin and knows when to use breaking stuff.
- CH 85-88; Too firm when thrown in upper-80s; consistent armside movement w/ better fade and drop at 85-86; advanced third pitch he mixed effectively to LHH.
- Polished feel to mix pitches, went to off-speed often and showed secondary behind in counts; very advanced overall pitchability, landed FB/CB/CH for strikes in best sequences; control looked sharper from windup, labored a bit this outing working from the stretch.
SUMMARY: Well-developed three-pitch mix w/ advanced overall feel; very polished overall, older for the class, closer to a finished product than many HS arms but requires less projection; definity pro draft prospect w/ upside of early-round pick.