NOTES FROM THE FIELD, AREA CODE GAMES
- Excellent projection; XL frame, broad shoulders, long limbs w/ lots of room to add strength; two-way prospect, athletic for size.
- Controlled tempo to semi-windup; full, long arm-circle shows on backside; loose H3/4 slot; struggles to repeat at present, balance issues through release; has a ways to go, but can project on mechanics ironing out as he grows into his body.
- FB 88-92 (91); Velo projects large given remaining projection; high-spin FB jumps on hitters up, height provides natural downhill angle low in the zone; scattered present command, tough to pitch to spots w/ so many moving parts in delivery.
- CB 72-76; Best off-speed, separator; still a bit soft, but shows serious two-plane depth and occasional sharpness; excellent spin rate, snapped off a few hammers that hint what CB could look like as he gets stronger and adds power to the pitch.
- CH 82-85; Third pitch now, shows occasional feel; used mostly to LHH, got separation and flashed armside fade at times; easy to project on the pitch w/ reps given youth and clean, loose arm-stroke.
- FB/CB two main pitches, showed he can mix speeds and had faith in breaking stuff in tight spots; sprays the zone when delivery falls out of sync; improving control/command is directly tied to body control and more reliable mechanics.
SUMMARY: Ultra-projectable frame and stuff; youth (17 y/o next June) and two-way background give even more reason to dream; FB could jump to mid-90s quickly, CB is a separator and potential above-avg pitch; just scratching the surface, likely to garner high-round interest.