NOTES FROM THE FIELD, AREA CODE GAMES:
- Tall, trim, frame w/ wiry twitch throughout; very projectable body w/ significant strength left to gain; athlete w/ fast arm.
- Big drop step into semi-windup; tall leg kick; short arm-circle that’s compact on backside; quick H3/4 slot; falls off slightly at release w/ moderate present effort; delivery lines and overall mechanics can iron out w/ strength gains.
- FB 92-96 (93-94); Touched 96 early in outing, settled mid-90s on frame w/ more velo coming; live ball bursts through zone when elevated, runs when down; command is in the early stages, but is athletic enough to project and has time on his side.
- CB 78-82; Flashed pro-ready breaking ball w/ consistent depth and sharp bite; three-quarters shape somewhere between CB and SL; feel for spin and ability to throw w/ present velocity are separators that aid projection.
- Showed two-pitch mix, all FB/CB; mixed speeds effectively and showed confidence in breaking stuff; control/command project as he gains strength and syncs up delivery; will need a CH at higher levels but has the physical tools to develop one.
SUMMARY: Young, athletic, extra projectable frame w/ pro-ready velo and quality feel for spin; high-upside baseline ingredients w/ more on the come as he gets stronger and adds polish; helium candidate who could move up boards if stuff spikes even more before the draft.