NOTES FROM THE FIELD, AREA CODE GAMES
- Large, physical frame; pro-ready body w/ present strength and remaining projection.
- Fast, explosive bat through the zone; strong lines w/ consistent hard game contact all week; finds the barrel without expanding swing or cheating for power.
- Impressive BP session; raw power is present w/ more coming as frame matures and swing adds lift.
- 4.3 H/1B times; avg runner underway that moves well for his size; body type that slows as frame matures–especially behind the plate.
- Advanced defender w/ tools to stick at catcher; sets low, quiet targets w/ strong+sturdy hands receiving; athleticism visible in lateral quickness and ability to slide in at 3B.
- 1.88-2.01 pop times (warmup and game); low line and carry to the bag; avg raw arm-strength to tick above-avg already, chance to finish true above-avg tool.
SUMMARY: Pro-ready physicality w/ big league tools on both sides of the ball and offensive upside at a valuable position; high-round upside in next year’s draft; can stay at catcher, only see him moving if a team deems the bat too special and wants to save his legs.