NOTES FROM THE FIELD, ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE:
- Slim, wiry build. Athletic w/ quick feet and good body control, though limited durability in body type.
- Abbreviated semi-windup; high frontside hides the ball; long stride w/ strong landing position; whippy 3/4 slot.
- FB 90-94; Sharper early in outings, command and velo get fringy as he tires. Mixes 4sm and 2sm, hops when elevated and gets occasional run. More hittable back through lineups, has difficulty getting to two strikes when seeing hitters a second time.
- SL 81-84; Sharp late finish, tunnels well off FB, tough to pick up. Can add+subtract, mixing a true slider w/ more of a curveball variant.
- CH 84-86; Sells w/ armspeed and gets late dive. Avg pitch he can execute down and away from RHH.
- Pitches heavily off his FB, comes aggressively at the zone for strike 1. Lacks the stuff to challenge over the plate. Like how he competes.
SUMMARY: Flashes three avg pitches w/ feel early in outings. Leaner frame doesn’t have the durability to hold best stuff over starter’s workload, but has some weapons to get big league hitters out. Ceiling of multi-inning reliever who can work away from both RHH/LHH. Interesting opener candidate.