NOTES FROM THE FIELD, ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE:
- Medium frame, stocky build. Well-built throughout. Looks a tick shorter than listed height.
- Abbreviated semi-windup; closed front side with turn at the top of delivery. Tilts heavily to clear arm through OT slot.
- FB 89-93; Fringy velo as a starter plays up a bit in ‘pen role. Tough angle for lefties; more control than in-zone command.
- CB 78-81; Bread-and-butter pitch, separator. Hard spin, tight rotation, sharp bite and consistent depth. Big league CB.
- CH 83-84; Below-avg pitch he struggles to execute. Doesn’t trust it much, straightens out. Exposes him vs. RHH.
- Looked like he was working on some mechanical tweaks, have seen more overall control during regular season than Instructs or AFL. High pitching IQ, hard worker w/ intangibles, battles on the mound.
SUMMARY: Has worked mostly as a starter in A-Ball but profiles better in relief. Ceiling of FV 40 ‘pen arm that faces mostly LHHs, potentially in a full situational role. Could wind up a 4A guy if no one pitch impacts enough to carry the profile.