NOTES FROM THE FIELD, ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE:
- Average height, medium frame, built wide with some softness through the middle. Limited athleticism.
- Semi-windup, long stride, backside swings around and pulls him off-line. Rigid+upright finish, recoil after H3/4 slot.
- FB 88-92; Fringy velo, 2sm run to armside, more control than in-zone command. Labors later in outings and sails up+armside.
- Cutter 84-87; Shows to both LHH/RHH, uses like 2nd pitch, nifty wrinkle to get off the barrel.
- SL 77-80; Fringy overall pitch that’s tougher to LHH. Sweepy slurve, shows like a frisbee slider to same-siders, more depth to RHH.
- CH 82-84; Below-avg CH, lacks a feel for it. Often straightens out and floats over the plate. Nothing to work down/away from RHH.
- Strikethrower that competes and knows how to pitch. Control and feel are best attributes. Around plate w/ all pitches.
SUMMARY: Pitchability lefty who throws strikes and won’t beat himself. Lacks carry pitch for full-time ML role, fits as 4A type that serves as high-organizational depth.