NOTES FROM THE FIELD, ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE:
- Above-average height, filled out frame, built wide with some softness through the middle. Limited athleticism.
- No windup, short stride, lands open, effort at release from L3/4. Breaks with hook and wrap, stiff arm action, inverted-W, late arm.
- FB 89-93; (90-91); Fringy velo, 2sm run with solid sink, more control than in-zone command. Inconsistent release point, sails the ball.
- CB 78-80; Fringy overall pitch that lacks bite. Slurvy, at best will play to weak contact vs. right-handers; vulnerable against lefties.
- Not a consistent strikethrower, loses FB up and to armside; can locate CB in zone, but needs to be fine with it and will need to nibble.
SUMMARY: Quality fastball but lacks a MLB-playable secondary to get outs. Profiles as 4A type, provides high-org depth.