NOTES FROM THE FIELD, ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE:
- Tall and very thin, extra-long limbs, very lanky. Adds to deception.
- Funky semi-windup, moving parts and closed front side disrupt timing. Works cross-body with slingy low 3/4 slot.
- FB 90-91; Won’t overpower, but gets on hitters quickly and is tough for LHH to pick up.
- SL 77-81; Frisbee slider, uses more to LHH. Wide shape that’s tough for same-side hitters to stay in on. Shows late, plays well off FB.
- CH 82-83; Something to combat RHH, sells with armspeed and keeps from same slot as FB/SL. Gets plane-changing tumble.
- Intense on the mound, plus pitchability, pitches backwards and keeps all pitches around the plate. Plays everything up.
SUMMARY: Projects as a swingman type that can spot-start or soak up long relief innings. Very tough matchup for LHH, but also has something to work against RHH to make it back through lineups.