NOTES FROM THE FIELD, INSTRUCTS:
- XL frame, narrow and lanky build, still adding strength in upper-half.
- Slow semi-windup, controlled over the rubber, low maintenance operation, mechanics of a long-term starter.
- FB 89-91 (90); Fringy velo and movement, often straight and elevated. Might add a tick to it as he fills out.
- CB 76-78; Loopy pitch, loose spin, long down shape that shows early. Needs to tighten up.
- CH 78-80; Sink and turnover when he finished with armspeed, overall inconsistent pitch. Floated when he slowed his arm.
- Keeps FB around zone with more control than command. Youth and clean delivery allow projection on strikethrowing ability.
SUMMARY: Tall, lanky righty who fills the zone with a fringy three-pitch mix. Deep-projection type that you need to dream on. Raw ingredients to be a swingman/mopup type that soaks up innings. Stuff needs to uptick across the board in order to reach ceiling.