NOTES FROM THE FIELD, ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE:
- Tall w/ slim and wiry build. More athletic and mobile than many corner players, but lacks desired strength as well.
- Adjusting approach to try and generate more power: lower handset w/ more pre-swing power generated from a leg-lift, aggressive looking for something to pull out over the plate. Quick stroke but gets extended early, showed issue laying off RH spin down+away.
- Avg raw power that still hasn’t translated to game action. Hits a lot of line drives, most power plays to pullside gap for doubles.
- Excellent athlete for a 1B, runs above-avg underway and gets up the line well. Can swipe the occasional base.
- Athleticism translates to defense at 1B, could probably try corner OF as well. Soft hands, picks well, plus range to both sides, finishes plays like an infielder. Glovework really stands out.
- Above-avg arm for 1B, curious to see what it looks like in the OF.
SUMMARY: Presuming he’s a primary 1B, bat has a ways to go before he’s a lock to be a regular at ML level. Think his best shot to be a regular might be learning a few corner positions and finding different ways into the lineup.