NOTES FROM THE FIELD, ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE:
- Tall, wiry, athletic frame. Has remaining projection and some room to fill out.
- Long levers give natural power and leverage, but detract from ability to stay short to the ball and make contact. Aggressive approach, swings early in the count, hunts FBs and gets exposed chasing soft stuff. Loose, whippy bat-path with overall length and inside hole.
- Big league raw power to the pullside already, projects above-avg given strength gains. Big power potential, question is if he taps into it.
- Athletic for his size, runs avg underway, big swing and long legs take awhile to get going H/1B. Will slow a step as he fills into his frame.
- Moves around the OF now but profiles best on a corner long-term. Athletic and mobile enough for RF.
- Average arm can handle any OF spot, fits in RF for long stretches.
SUMMARY: Physical, athletic OF with plus power potential and raw hit tool. Don’t think he taps into his power enough to have a regular’s ceiling; see best-case scenario of bench OF who makes some noise against RHP. Extreme risk, needs to turn a corner offensively.