NOTES FROM THE FIELD, INSTRUCTS:
- Tall, lanky frame with sloped shoulders. Built like Tyler Clippard.
- Upbeat semi-windup; funky moving parts, hops at the hitter with closed front side. H3/4 slot. Deceptive relief-only delivery.
- FB 92-96 (94); Above-avg velo, consistent mid-90s; 4sm grip with late ride up in the zone; control over command type.
- CH 86-88; Firm split-like changeup, throws at armspeed and gets late dive despite limited velocity separation.
- SL 80-83; Playable/fringy pitch, consistent short shape. Shows more to RHH.
- FB/CH two primary pitches, can stay around zone with both. Aggressive competitor, intense mound presence, battles.
SUMMARY: Moved to bullpen and became a prospect, breakout name in Nationals system coming off a big 2018. Profiles as middle reliever, the type that provides depth by being optioned up/down. Close to ML ready.