NOTES FROM THE FIELD, INSTRUCTS:
- Medium frame that has thickened significantly through core/lower-half in the last calendar year. Heavier and less athletic.
- Struggled at the plate throughout instructs. Apathetic ABs, frustrated with himself, long to the ball, lots of whiffs.
- Generated surprising power from whippy batspeed in the past, but stroke looks slower. Game power only to pull right now.
- Below-avg runner up the line that’s average moving underway. Will need to keep body in check to stay avg.
- Less twitch in his defensive first step than what he showed in the past. Hands work, still charges the ball well.
- Fringy arm across the infield, consistently lacked carry and tailed at finish. Not a lock to stay at 3B from this look.
SUMMARY: Coming off a lost 2018, battled injuries and really struggled in his first taste of Advanced A. Seemed to keep that mentality into instructs, gave off a negative energy, wasn’t mentally dialed in. Needs to turn a corner in 2019 to remain a prospect.