NOTES FROM THE FIELD, ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE:
- Undersized, muscular and athletic frame, looks shorter than listed 6’0” height. Mychal Givens (BAL) body type.
- Stretch only, low leg-lift, drop+drive style motion with long stride, muscles up for velocity with effort in finish. Very fast arm through 3/4 slot.
- FB 92-97 (94-95); Sits mid-90s with occasional 96-97 in the tank when he’s fresh. Consistent armside run. Relief arm who relies on velocity.
- SL 84-87; Big league slider, hard spin and sharp bite. Best ones show above-avg upside.
- Around the zone with FB/SL in best sequences, falls behind in counts when delivery is out of sync. Athletic enough to project control to playable.
SUMMARY: Ceiling of middle reliever w/ effective two-pitch mix. Limited time above A-Ball, but looked fairly advanced and is close to being a finished product. Interesting Rule V eligible prospect who could contribute in low-leverage role.