NOTES FROM THE FIELD, INSTRUCTS:
- Medium frame, athletic and muscular build, strong through shoulders and lower-half.
- Semi-windup, athletic operation, moderate effort at release with recoil after quick H3/4 slot.
- FB 94-96; Mid-90s with consistent armside run. Limited present command, young/athletic enough to improve it some.
- SL 84-86; Advanced feel, hard spin with consistent shape and sharpness. Separator, ML quality off-speed pitch.
- CH 86-88; Crude third pitch, overthrows and lacks separation, running into FB and speeding up bats.
- More consistent strikes with FB than off-speed. Still transitioning from thrower to pitcher.
SUMMARY: Young, athletic righty with intriguing FB/SL mix. Raw stuff makes him a prospect, though age/proximity/present rawness add plenty of risk. Likely winds up in the ‘pen, but could initially develop as a starter if third pitch and control can improve.