NOTES FROM THE FIELD, INSTRUCTS:
- Well-proportioned, athletic, 6’2” frame with strength in lower half; high-waisted with broad shoulders.
- Repeats athletic semi-windup, limited effort; engages lower half, stays online, clean above-average arm speed from ¾ slot.
- FB 91-95 (93); Locates well side-to-side with average sink and solid plane. Limited run, pitch is vulnerable up in zone; flashed ability to hit spots down in zone.
- SL 84-87; Has bite in upper velo band; inconsistent ability to locate, spots it better at 84 but less action. 3rd pitch.
- CB 75-77. 12-6 shape lacking sharpness and consistent feel. Backed up, located well out of zone; cross up pitch max at MLB level.
- CH 84-86; Deception off fastball with repetition of arm speed. Similar tunnel to FB with solid-average fade off edge of plate. Best secondary.
- Polished delivery and assertion with fastball in the zone. Projects to average control with progression of SL and CH quality.
SUMMARY: College arm with backend of ingredients; has command and control for #5 SP ceiling. To get there, development of SL, both further tightening and better location, will be priority to pair with MLB average CH.