NOTES FROM THE FIELD, ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE:
- Tall and long-limbed frame. Long torso, short legs, average athlete overall.
- Deception is his game, has to disrupt timing for below-avg stuff to play. Varies between sidearm and submarine. Tough on LHH.
- FB 87-92 (89); Slinging slot gives natural tail. Commands FB when delivery is synced, can fall out of it at times.
- CH 78-80; Go-to secondary, extreme separation off FB, works like a slip pitch and gets bugs bunny fade down/armside. Equalizer.
- SL 76-78; Wide glider, long one-plane shape that’s tougher for LHH to stay in on. Frisbee.
- FB and CH are two primary pitches, shows SL more to same-side bats. Throws enough strikes for short-exposure ‘pen role.
SUMMARY: Deceptive side-armer who creates tough angle to lefties. Ceiling of situational LOOGY type that comes in middle innings situations and matches up with tough same-side hitters.