NOTES FROM THE FIELD, INSTRUCTS:
- Large frame, thick and muscular build, wide hips and shoulders. Mature body, fully filled out.
- Controlled semi-windup, moderate effort in finish, much smoother in 2nd look. H3/4 slot with slight recoil, occasional off-line finish.
- FB 92-95; Above-avg velo, occasional lively burst through zone. Run when down, though flattens out upstairs.
- SL 80-84; Slurve that can look like a CB at times. Flashes depth on best ones, looked better in 2nd outing, ingredients of avg pitch.
- CH 84-85; Flashes fade and FB armspeed when he sells it. Inconsistent now, developing third pitch with some potential to improve.
- More strikes with FB than SL/CH. Ironing out delivery and finishing with more direct lines to the plate will help improve control.
SUMMARY: Strong-bodied righty with a good FB and flashes of three ML quality pitches. Less projectable than most teenage arms, but has more advanced stuff as well. Definite prospect, intriguing follow. Run him out there as a starter, though can see in ‘pen at maturity.