NOTES FROM THE FIELD, ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE:
- Medium frame, thick and muscular throughout.
- Stretch only, effort throughout, muscles up to get to velocity. Thwack+recoil at finish, tilts to clear arm. In-line circle, H3/4 slot.
- FB 92-95 (93); Avg velo, runs to armside, occasional run+sink when he angles down. FB for low strikes, low and to corners at times.
- SL 82-86; Power SL, go-to secondary, separator. Tight spin with short slant and late show off FB. Effective weapon to RHH.
- CH 86-87; Decent wrinkle pitch he shows to LHH. Short one-plane fade, throws at fastball armspeed.
- RP with three pitches, FB/SL two main offerings. Aggressive w/ SL, uses like second pitch.
SUMMARY: Potential fast-track ‘pen arm that’s more attractive for his floor than ceiling. FB/SL mix and ability to work around the zone to both righties and lefties fits middle relief profile. When he’s on, slider is a real weapon and separates him from other low-leverage ‘pen prospects.