NOTES FROM THE FIELD, ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE:
- Medium frame, wiry features, lean and trim throughout.
- Aggressive hitter, swings early and often, not looking to walk. Anxious with 2-strikes, will expand. Grinds out at-bats even if he swings himself into bad counts sometimes. Bat is too light for regular ABs, but can hold his own offensively in spot-starting role.
- Takes a big hack but has surprising pop for his frame; puts a charge into balls to pullside; sneaky gap pop with occasional loft.
- Tick above-average runner, has good aggression but runs himself into outs at times. Will get the most out of his speed if he tones down.
- Playable defender at SS with quick defensive stride. Soft hands and quick transfer, playmaker that gets it done at both MIF spots.
- Fringy arm is exposed at SS from the deep hole. Likely too short for ideal SS fit, but throws well enough to finish routine plays.
SUMMARY: Grinder who plays with an edge, like his on-field demeanor and overall aggressiveness. Don’t see the tools for an everyday big league MIF, but think the sum-of-parts add up to a hard-nosed utility infielder. Solid role player at ML level.