- Thicker than listed weight. Strong throughout, thick lower half, broad shoulders.
- Effortful semi-windup, loses line to the plate, lands stiff and doesn’t get over front side consistently. Fluid H3/4 slot.
- FB 93-95; Plus velo with the frame to hold it. Occasional run and downhill angle. Spotty in-zone command.
- CB 76-80; 12-6 shape from high release, average depth and action, shows ingredients of average big league breaking ball.
- CH 88-89; Crude third pitch, lags behind FB/CB. Too firm, runs into FB and speeds up bats. May prevent a rotation role in future.
- Control over command type, around the zone more consistently with FB than off-speed. Age and athleticism allow projection.
SUMMARY: Strong righty with big league fastball and work to do on secondaries. FB/CB combo will work out of pen, long-shot ceiling of back-rotation starter if CH and command make significant strides. Risk/reward type, all tools at this point.