NOTES FROM THE FIELD, INSTRUCTS:
- Well-proportioned 6’4″ frame, broad shoulders with limited projection remaining in the upper body.
- Effort in semi-windup, struggles to repeat; lands closed, throws cross-body, quick 3/4 slot.
- FB 91-94; Velocity comes with some effort, but has the frame to hold his FB through the pro grind. FB could still jump a tick with strength gains and mechanical refinement. Shows solid armside run, occasional angle+run when low in the zone.
- CB 75-77; Best off-speed; 12-6 shape when stays on top, shows feel to work backdoor and trusts it in zone.
- CH 82-86; Inconsistent but shows flashes. Gets separation off FB with dive action at best, more movement at lower end of velo range.
- SL 83-84; 4th pitch; flashes depth but he gets around it; difficulty locating near zone; best as wrinkle to keep bats off CB.
- Control ahead of command, issues repeating delivery limit in-zone location right now. FB/CB can land for strikes, less with CH/SL.
SUMMARY: Strong workhorse frame with chance for three above-average pitches to fit in rotation. Will need to improve fringy command and control but upside for #4 role given quality of repertoire.