NOTES FROM THE FIELD, INSTRUCTS:
- Good pitching body with strength gains remaining across upper-half. Tall, well-proportioned, muscular core and hips.
- Semi-windup is somewhat deliberate, but finishes clean and on-line. Full, compact arm-circle into low-maintenance H3/4 slot.
- FB 89-91; Fringy velo can get to avg as he fills out. Consistent armside run, clean delivery allows command of FB low in the zone.
- SL 79-81; Moderate sharpness and depth, a bit short right now. Ingredients of avg pitch if he can add power to it.
- CH 83-84; Throws at armspeed and gets separation, showing flashes of dive to armside. Avg upside.
- High pitching IQ, knows how to sequence and set up hitters well for his age. Strikes with three pitches.
SUMMARY: Projection righty with ingredients of a back-rotation starter if his stuff can take a step across the board. Like the body, delivery, and feel to pitch. Youth and proximity add risk, but an interesting follow.