NOTES FROM THE FIELD, INSTRUCTS:
- Small frame, narrow and wiry build, twitchy athlete.
- High-maintenance operation, effort throughout delivery. X-long arm-circle, off-line and floppy in the back, whippy L3/4 slot.
- FB 92-96 (94); Turbo sinker, long run action from low slot. Mechanical effort limits in-zone command.
- SL 79-82; Roundhouse shape, wide glider that’s a tough look for RHH from L3/4 release point.
- CH 80-84; Best off-speed, sells with FB armspeed from same tunnel. Gets separation, dive action at best.
- Feel to mix both off-speed pitches, crafty in his sequencing. Would be a three-pitch reliever in a ‘pen role.
SUMMARY: Has worked as a starter in the low-minors but fits a relief profile moving up the ladder. Has a chance to emerge a big league relief prospect on the strength of potentially above-average FB and CH mix. Longshot prospect with a good arm.