NOTES FROM THE FIELD, INSTRUCTS:
- Medium frame, athletic and muscular build. Strong through core and lower-half.
- Switch-hitter, has the tools to hit but won’t get there until he tones down swing and approach. Over-aggressive from both sides, lengthy path without much barrel control, expands against off-speed, takes a lot of wild hacks right now.
- Natural strength and leverage in swing give unexpected power. Drives his pitch to pullside, squares up with authority.
- Average runner, better underway as large swing slows him up the line. Steals the occasional bag but not a big part of his game.
- Athletic defender with good first step and range for 2B or 3B. Don’t see him as a true SS over long stretches.
- Solid-average arm, finishes plays anywhere in the dirt, throws well on the run and from different arm slots.
SUMMARY: Strong and athletic infielder with intriguing offensive tools. Ceiling of athletic utility infielder who moves between positions and can run into some sneaky power. Raw overall and requires lots of projection, lack of approach adds risk to profile.