NOTES FROM THE FIELD, ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE:
- Medium frame, athletic build, well-proportioned strength with twitchy muscularity. Injury history, durability concerns.
- Switch-hitter with athletic stroke from both sides. Hard line drive contact when squared, better FB hitter, issues with off-speed.
- Puts a charge into the ball, line drive power, uses pullside with authority but won’t be a big HR threat.
- Above-average runner who can steal bases and puts pressure on the defense. Hustle player, digs a hard 90.
- Defensive versatility and fielding ability are best attributes. Athleticism shows up with the glove. Plays all over the infield and could handle outfield if need be. Plus range at 2B, soft hands, makes plays.
- Average arm that’s enough for 3B when he’s playing there. Can throw on the run and from different slots.
SUMMARY: Ready to contribute at ML level right now in a bench role. Ingredients of quality utility player if he can hit enough to hold his own making spot starts at 2B and 3B. Like his hustle and on-field demeanor, throwback ballplayer who plays with fire.