NOTES FROM THE FIELD, INSTRUCTS:
- Medium frame, young look with trim features, needs to get stronger but has the frame to add mass.
- Controlled semi-windup, gathers at the top of delivery, clean and on-line finish. Repeatable, low-effort. H3/4 slot.
- FB 88-92; Loses velo as outings progress. Moderate run, signs of developing command from clean delivery.
- CB 75-78; Rolling CB that often lacked finish down in the zone. Flashes depth on best ones, but inconsistent.
- SL 80-83; Flashes ingredients of avg SL when he can finish it. Needs to get stronger to find consistency with the pitch.
- CH 8o-83; Feel for the pitch, throws at armspeed with separation off FB, moderate fade action down to armside.
- Polished delivery allows advanced control for age/experience. FB for consistent strikes, lands off-speed in best sequences.
SUMMARY: Deep-projection righty that will take time. Clean delivery and advanced control of four pitches give ceiling of #5 starter, though adding strength and holding stuff later into games will be critical to getting there.