NOTES FROM THE FIELD, ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE:
- Extra-physical frame w/ broad, chiseled muscle throughout. Very strong.
- Lacks the hit tool to tap into raw power. Long swing w/ holes inside; FB hitter that’s vulnerable to spin; struggles vs. LHP.
- Towering flyball power to pullside in BP. Doesn’t fully translate to games, though still will run into a few.
- Below-avg runner, though not a clogger. Not a large part of his game.
- Splits time between 1B and corner OF spots. Can’t play RF, fringy in LF, probably winds up a 1B-only at higher levels.
- Fringy throwing arm that limits to 1B or LF.
SUMMARY: Impressive size and raw power, but won’t tap into it enough for everyday ABs at a bat-first position. With significant improvements to his hit tool, has ceiling of thumping bench bat. Runs the risk of winding up a 4A type that never hits enough.