NOTES FROM THE FIELD, ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE:
- Medium frame, avg width, strong lower-half.
- Simple semi-windup; lands closed with little effort; clean extension and balance at finish. In-line circle, easy H3/4 slot.
- FB 87-91; Won’t overpower, finds ways to speed up FB; consistent armside run; low strikes, polished command.
- Cutter 86-88; Shows more to LHH, sweepy gloveside tilt. Another wrinkle that keeps hitters off limited FB velo.
- SL 82-83; True SL, short one-plane tilt, tougher slant for LHH to stay in on.
- CH 81-84; Fringy pitch, straightens out, inconsistent finish. Limits him in starting role against RHH.
- CB 72-74; Flips over a loopy lollipop CB as a mix pitch. Shouldn’t be more than a wrinkle.
- Strikethrower, lands all speeds for strikes, sequencing and pitchability are best attributes. Competes.
SUMMARY: Finesse lefty who pounds the zone and won’t beat himself. Control and pitching IQ get him to big leagues but doesn’t have carry pitch for rotation role. Ceiling of a longman/mopup guy that keeps his team in the game.