NOTES FROM THE FIELD, ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE:
- Tall, athletic frame; lean with well-proportioned muscle; flexible, good body control.
- Stretch-only, starts closed and turns away at the top, showing the ball late. In-line arm-circle, H3/4 slot.
- FB 90-94; Avg velocity, armside tail. Sprayed the zone, didn’t see consistent command. Athletic enough to make some adjustments.
- SL 85-88; Hard cutter/slider hybrid with tight one-plane shape. More depth at lower end of velocity range. Average pitch.
- CB 76-77; Flips in a soft, rolling CB for a mix pitch.
- Mostly FB/SL guy. Pitched with more control than command, but kept both around the zone.
SUMMARY: Former football player, late convert to pitching, more projection than many 24-25 y/o because of athleticism and two-sport background. Could likely benefit from more high-minors time, but profiles as a middle reliever in short order.