NOTES FROM THE FIELD:
- XL frame, broad and durable features. Prototype workhorse built to eat innings.
- Semi-windup, strong and on-line finish, moderate thwack in upper-half after release. Long, full arm-circle into H3/4 slot.
- FB 90-92; Not overpowering, mixes 4sm and 2sm, flashes command to low spots and occasionally both sides.
- SL 84-86; Hard cut-like tilt, short break, uses as his primary off-speed pitch for a second look.
- CB 76-78; Uses as his chase pitch for swing/miss. Consistent two-plane depth and sweepy 11-to-5 action. Average pitch.
- CH 84-86; Circle-change with moderate fade, shows more to LHH. Workable third speed that can develop into playable pitch.
- Pounds the zone with FB, consistently ahead in counts. Won’t miss bats but pitches deep in games and gets contact outs.
SUMMARY: Durable strikethrower with four-pitch mix, high-floor prospect that’s ready to contribute at ML level. Don’t see carry tool to profile as true rotation piece on a contending club, but ability to limit walks and soak up innings can make him a longman/spot-starter type.