NOTES FROM THE FIELD, ARIZONA FALL LEAGUE:
- Large frame, broad features throughout. Ideal corner strength.
- Pull-oriented swing, looks to yank the ball even on pitches away. FB hitter, waves at spin. Fast swing, limited bat control. Inside length.
- Avg loft power to pullside in BP. Drives his pitch with authority, bad-ball hitter who does damage on mistakes.
- Moves surprisingly well for his size. Avg runner underway who can take extra bases and swipe the occasional bag.
- Athleticism translates to the field: best at 1B, but adequate at 3B and able to get occasional reps at 2B.
- Average arm with quick transfer, surprising ability to control body and finish plays on the run.
SUMMARY: Lacks carry tool for everyday profile, but defensive versatility and adequate bat can make him a big leaguer. Under-the-radar prospect, grinder with high baseball IQ, best-case ceiling of bench player who moves around the infield. Floor of 4A type.