NOTES FROM THE FIELD, INSTRUCTS:
- Much larger than listed HT/WT. Projectable frame, broad shoulder with room to fill out across upper-half.
- Clean semi-windup he repeats well; loose, on-line finish; fluid H3/4 slot with minimal effort. Starter look to delivery.
- FB 91-94; Effortless velo that projects to take a jump with strength gains. Downhill with moderate run.
- CB 80-83; Hard slurve with 3/4 shape; consistent depth and action, shows ingredients of big league breaking ball.
- CH 85-87; Crude third pitch, lags behind FB/SL. Too firm, runs into FB and speeds up bats. Needs a third pitch.
- Polished delivery allows strikes with FB/CB, less control of CH. Can project up on strikethrowing given frame and mechanics.
SUMMARY: Projection lefty with good ingredients to work with. FB and CB could both be at least average pitches, ceiling of back-rotation starter if CH can make strides in quality and execution. Age/proximity add risk, but keep a close eye on this one in the next 1-2 years.