NOTES FROM THE FIELD, INSTRUCTS:
- Strong and physical frame. Well-proportioned athlete. Limited projection remaining.
- Stretch only, athletic operation, moderate overall effort. Strong back leg drive, leans over for L3/4 slot.
- FB 94-97; Deception from lower slot], hard running life with minimal plane, ability to wrap it back over gloveside edge.
- SL 82-86; Flashes hard down break at best, inconsistent feel and difficulty finding zone. Work to do to make it an avg pitch.
- CH 85-87; Best secondary, plus armspeed and excellent separation, tunnels off FB with light fade. Shows to righties and lefties.
- Throws FB for strikes, command projects to fringy with release effort and difficulty coming across to gloveside. Average control in rotation with ability to hit zone with CH.
SUMMARY: Power arm with chance for rotation. To stick as starter, SL will need to make solid stride forward. FB allows margin for error and CH is quality secondary that will miss some bats. Risk/reward project, but ingredients for rotation are here. Big stuff gives bullpen fallback.