NOTES FROM THE FIELD, AREA CODE GAMES:
- Medium frame, athletic build, body type that sticks in CF long term.
- Advanced contact skill, very hitterish, mature presence at the plate; cerebral ABs, owns the box and makes pitchers work at his pace; compact swing w/ balanced, athletic base that gets up the line; slight hole up in the zone, though correctable and an adjustment away.
- Present path and approach are geared for hard line drive contact to all fields; ball jumps off the bat while still able to stay inside and not sell out; can project on more power w/ increased swing lift, though likely always more hitter than slugger.
- Above-avg runner w/ strong instincts; gets the most out of his speed and pressures the defense; stolen base threat, extends hits, takes extra bases.
- Impressive outfield defender, projects above-avg to plus in CF; fluid, effortless gait w/ long strides that eat up ground; polished routes get him directly to the ball; impactful glove that brings consistent value in the field.
- Solid to above-avg thrower; low line and carry to the infield; quick release and consistent accuracy play up arm-strength.
SUMMARY: Well-rounded player w/ impressive polish and instincts; pro-ready tools on both sides of the ball; upside of everyday big league CF w/ above-avg glove, speed, and hitting ability; early-round candidate w/ higher floor than most HS players, likely also closer to ceiling.